It has been many months since we first responded to COVID-19 in our community, and there are likely several months of continued necessary vigilance ahead of us. The colder weather means the beginning of cold and flu season, more time spent indoors and a predicted surge in COVID-19 cases. East Brown Cow has implemented a number of practices in our properties and office to help keep you, our employees, and our community safe. All are in keeping with guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), State of Maine and local authorities. They include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Continuing enhanced cleaning procedures in the common areas of our buildings and company vehicles
- Requesting that all who enter our buildings (including tenants, vendors, customers and EBC employees) comply with the Governor’s orders related to the use of face coverings and physical distancing while in any of the public spaces within our properties such as lobbies, hallways and shared bathrooms
- Requiring one person/party to utilize elevator at any given time to allow for appropriate physical distancing
- Requiring fire stairs to be utilized for a single direction of travel except for in the event of an emergency
- Increasing fresh air flow through the HVAC systems wherever possible and upgrading HVAC filters to MERV 13 Filters
- Providing hand sanitizing stations near building entrances and sanitizing wipes next to elevators within those building entrances
- Posting ample signage throughout properties providing instruction related to the above
- Requesting that all tenants comply with State orders and implementing the measures contained in the State’s COVID-19 Prevention Checklists to operate safely and prevent the spread of COVID-19
Our office remains closed to the public. If you need to stop by for any reason during regular business hours, please knock on the door and a member of our team will assist you. Our maintenance team continues their work of ensuring the safety of our properties.
All tenants and vendors are asked to notify building management immediately if they learn one of their employees or visitors to their establishment has contracted COVID-19 or has been directly exposed, even if not yet showing symptoms.
We continue to urge any tenants with unaddressed questions or financial concerns resulting from the pandemic to contact us to discuss individualized arrangements. East Brown Cow takes pride in its properties being part of thriving business districts and a vibrant community – in strong economic times and in these very difficult ones. Our tenants are also our neighbors, and we continue to do as much as we can to support them in these unprecedented circumstances.
Thank you very much for your cooperation.
Please be well and stay safe.